16 June 2008

Stealing; styles & stuff

*
At the moment the subject that’s being discussed the most amongst the fandom vidders on YouTube is stealing and copying. So here’s my thoughts on the subject.
Well, let’s start with me.. I don’t think I’m a stealer or a copycat - I try my hardest to come up with something original, and I think it works out okay.. Even though I may not like the result of certain videos, the vidders and watchers seem to be satisfied. And I know that I’m not perfect - I know that some videos are similar to others, but you know what? Shit happens! Sometimes you hit a wall, and well.. There’s not really anything to do about it.
I bet most of you heard about the Untouched Pandemonium !? Well, I did.. And yes, my Untouched video was in it … I do think in a way BittenFruitTurnsSour are right, but I think the way they put it, makes it sound like were all just a bunch of thieves, stealing Dork23x’s idea - and I’m sorry, but that’s just way to square! I’ve seen maybe the first half of her video, and I’m not trying to step on anyones toes here, but the video did NOTHING for me!! I got nothing out of watching it - and why is that?? I HATE watching Gossip Girl vids - mostly because I’ve never seen the show.. So I didn’t pay much attention to it, and I didn’t even go “wow, what a great song!” .. The moment I had that reaction was when Cilleh (Cillexd) send me the song, and I fell head-over-heals in love with it!
I’m fearing this will make it seem like I don’t like Dork23x - which isn’t the case - but in the BittenFruitTurnsSour video ‘about’ her.. Well, they tell us that she was also the first one to use “Crushcrushcrush” and I’m like “so??” I mean come on!!!! I have so many songs that I wanna use, and some of them haven’t been used for any vids on YouTube yet, but I don’t feel ‘ready’ to use the songs, there for I’m waiting, and I was fine with that - but now waiting means torture - cause if I wait too long, someone else will ‘discover’ the song and use it, and I’ll be the copycat … even though I’ve had the idea for months! :’( is that fair?? Calling me a copycat for using a song, I found before it was used?? I don’t think it is!
Of course I’m not gonna say what songs I’m talking about, because then people will be like “I wonder how that sounds like” and then download it… But take a song like “Map of the Problematique” - I’ve wanted to work with that since I first heard it - which was over a year ago - but I haven’t felt ‘ready’ to do the vid, so I chose to wait - but NOW … now it’s been used by so many people that I’m gonna end up being the unoriginal one - now, I’m the copycat! And I hate that! Cause, let’s be honest - that’s how it’s gonna work in the future - the song originator is the only one who isn’t a copycat! Or at least that’s how it feels.. And that’s not good! It’s really depressing - seriously I’m loosing my feeling for vidding :’( And I hate it! Cause I love vidding..

Well, it’s happening again :/ I lost my thread! I hate this!!! *Gotta go to the doctor and get memory checked!!*

Hey, I remember!! I have a small problem - at least I think so myself - I don't think I have certain "style" - I really don't.. I think my videos are like, well.. whatever I feel like making. Feel free to correct me, if you do think I have style, I just don't see it myself.. and I won't be accused of stealing somebody's style.. cause I don't think it's possible to steal a style! I mean; some people's gotta have the same style!!!!???

Related links:

ThiefWallofShame (channel)
ThiefTracker (channel)
Dem Haters (video)
If you don't stop - I WILL!!! (video) (bulletin)

1 comment:

Elvira said...
This comment has been removed by the author.